Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Hurricane Assessment - Second Draft

Tuesday 2nd December 2008

Hurricane Assessment


It was the year 2014 and I was going on holiday with my family to Florida. I couldn't play on my PSP 8000 so I was really bored during the flight. When the plane landed we collected our luggage and took a taxi to the hotel. We checked in and turned the HD TV on, as I couldn't play any of my Blu Ray disks on the Blu Ray player. It was coming up to the end of ABC news HD when th after an interview with Barack OBama President Barack Obama about electric cars and his plan for the U.S.A to have free medical operations, like the U.K used to have when I was younger, the weatherman said that there was a hurricane heading for Florida and we were gobsmacked.

We took a taxi, wasting $20, back to the airport to see if we could get a refund and a flight back to the U.K, but all flights were canceled due to "inconvenient weather", according to the people working at the airport. It was really annoying, because it was more than "inconvenient". We saw the news on a gigantic HDTV with a newsman saying to stay in a small space such as a closet, which I already knew, thanks to my Year 7 topi Geography topic about hurricanes, and when I wrote a story about hurricanes set 6 years in the future. We spent another $20 on a taxi, got to our hotel room, and crawled into the cupboard, missing out on the broadcast of Star Wars Episode 7: A New Love. A few hours

A few hours later, the hurricane hit the hotel. We were terrified, thinking we were going to die. The wind was so strong it even blew the hotel roof off. We were scared, crying, and then it stopped. I couldn't believe we survived a hurricane, and I couldn't believe my dad wasted $40.

© 2008 Peter Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment